Words To Live By:

"The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you finish the work."

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Another Mealplan (no fancy title...)

Last night I spent alot of time flipping through flyers, recipes, and the cupboard trying to come up with a cheap and effective meal plan to get me through the next 10 (yup, 10!) days.    After comparing flyers, I still have NO IDEA where to get the bulk of my groceries the cheapest.  No time to travel to 2 different towns, and 4 different grocery stores... decisions, decisions.

This is what we're doing until the day we leave (9:30 am takeoff... we have to leave the house uber-early!  What was I thinking?!)
  • Maple Glazed Salmon Skewers, Breaded Halibut (for the boys), Curly Fries & Broccoli Slaw(this is what we enjoyed last night.)
  • Thai Peanut Chicken Pizza (we'll be modifying it using ingredients on hand - ie. homemade peanut sauce but it's the inspiration for dinner tonight)
  • Thai Peanut Chicken Pasta Salad (this will use the remaining peanut sauce and chicken from tonight... it'll be a throw-together-and-see-how-it-works type of meal tomorrow night.)
  • Turkey Sausage, Steamed Brocoli & Carrots, Seasoned Basmati Rice
  • Ribs, Pierogies or Roasted Potatoes, Caesar Salad
  • Chicken Caesar Pitas
  • Chicken Alfredo Puffs & Garden Salad
  • Pasta & another Salad
  • Beef Kebabs, Corn on the Cob, Fresh Veggies & Italian Bread
  • Philly Cheesesteaks (or something of the sort using the leftover beef)
  • Turkey Caesar Burgers, Veggies & Dip
Side note - I dropped my dress off for alterations this morning.  They were super-busy and I had to wait... so they gave me a discount and will hem Kaleb's pants for free -woohoo. It should look absolutely gorgeous when it actually fits.  We don't want to encounter a wardrobe malfunction under the desert sun.  Fingers crossed they'll do a good job (and maybe I've found a place to alter my many jeans that are just a tad too long!)  Oooh.. and can I just say that regular bra fittings are amazing things - just saying!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're making my mouth water. Can you make enough for leftovers and freeze them for Dad and I - then maybe I can get off the hook for cooking! Name your price... :)

Post a Comment