It's In The Cards...

I haven't been crafting as many cards lately as I did, say, oh the 2 months before Christmas.   For some reason I find it harder to create all occasion cards that are attractive.   I find inspiration on Pinterest, through some magazines, various blogs - but when it comes down to it, Christmas cards just seem to be my thing.

This is one of my most recent cards, a set of 4 made for my Wisdom & Whimsy group.

It's blank inside... which makes it perfect for a girlfriend's birthday, a wedding shower, or just because.   It's simple... but I feel like it's just missing something.

Here is another simple card I've created for Wisdom & Whimsy since "the move."  I found the charms, used as my sentiment, at Michael's in the clearance department and thought they were too good a deal to pass up.  I wasn't thinking 'card' when I bought them, but I saw a similar idea through an online print shop for wedding stationary and thought they would work perfectly well on a thank you card.  

I'll have to set aside some time to card-make using the tons of photos and cardmaps I've clipped and saved.... first I have to find the desk in my craft room.  Why is it so hard to keep my creative space neat?


PS - I'm off a day on my photo-challenge-inspired blogging...   cards were yesterday, black & white is today.  I had to get some broken molars repaired last night - again - and wasn't feeling up to blogging when I got home.  This is the second time they've fixed them and I have no idea how I keep breaking them in the same spot.  I really wish they'd stay 'fixed' though - the ladies at the dentist's office and Dr. Gold, himself, are all lovely... but it's not my favourite place to hang out.  I like my space and hands in my mouth is just way too invasive *shudder*.  I walk away from every appointment with a tension headache and my poor gums are so bruised.  I deserve chocolate.  Or a frappucino.  Or a Tim Horton's mango smoothie because they're my new favourite drink in a town that has limited coffee shop options.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Monday: 2013

Charming Ribbon Bookmark Knockoff

A Quiet Moment With A Traditional Cup Of Cocoa