Words To Live By:

"The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you finish the work."

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lucky, Lucky

This week, I've had some crappy days.  Not over-the-top horrible, nothing life threatening or catastrophic.  Just a run of little things to drive me batty or leave me frustrated.  And even though it's been a productive week because of the amount of work I've accomplished, it's been a non-productive week because I've been setting things aside to finish when I'm not ready to just tear it all apart!  So half-accomplished projects, but many on the go...

Earlier in the week, I entered a contest on Facebook.  I have NEVER, EVER won on FB, but figure if I want people to support my small business page, I should do the same.  And in the world of social media, activity is activity is activity, no?

Well.... I WON!!!!  Sarita Baby picked me (randomly) as the winner of their Sock Monkey clutch.  Which is absolutely perfect because I have two little monkeys who will think it's adorable (although they're not so little any more!)

I don't think I'll carry it around on it's own, but it will make a cute little pouch to toss in my bag when I'm on the go.  I'm thinking an activity pouch for the boys.  Some pencils, notepads, small toys, etc. - you know, a boredom bag.  I'm so excited!

And.... this morning, as I begrudgingly stumbled through my chilly house in the dark, mumbling under my breath about silly early start schools, I picked up my phone and absent-mindedly checked my emails.  I skimmed and saw:  "Congrats - you are a First Reads winner!"  as the subject line of a nice little email from Goodreads - super start to my day. 

Again, I've entered a ton of times for First Reads (ARC or for-review copies) on this site, but this is the first time I've won.  I'll be adding a copy of And Then I Found You by Patti Callahan Henry to my bookshelves soon. The title might not be my very first choice of books to win, but it could be a good story and a FREE book is the best book!   If it's a bust, I'll just pass it along. 

In my head all day I've been singing (in my best Franz Ferdinand voice, of course!)

Lucky, lucky, you're so lucky;Lucky, lucky, you're so lucky:Lucky, lucky, you're so lucky:
....Yeahhh!!

I can't wait for the day my mailbox yields it's special prizes.  More than makes up for the crappy moments.  Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket!





0 comments:

Post a Comment